Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
Goes good over rice.
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless pork shoulder, cubed
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons water
1. Place pork into a large bowl.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the vinegar, cumin, turmeric, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Pour seasonings over the pork, and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove pork from the marinade, reserving the marinade, and place in the hot skillet. Cook until nicely browned on the outside. Add orange juice, 1/2 cup water, dried onion, and the reserved marinade. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for about 30 minutes, or until the pork is fork tender.
4. In a small cup, stir together the flour and 2 tablespoons of water. Stir into the skillet, and simmer uncovered until thickened, 2 to 4 minutes.