- 1 turkey, (10 lb)
- 1 onion, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 whole black peppercorns
- 1 sprig thyme
- 3 sprig parsley
- In a medium saucepan, add the wing tips, neck and giblets, except the liver.
- Add the Onion, garlic, celery, carrot, bay leaf, peppercorns, thyme and parsley.
- Add water to cover and bring to a boil.
- Skim off the froth forming on the top, reduce heat, simmer for 1 hour.
- Add boiling water as it evaporates and skim if necessary.
- Strain and cool the stock and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place onions and garlic in a pyrex dish and add the oil.
- Bake for 40 minutes.