- Pour sugar and water in a heavy saucepan and simmer over medium heat.
- Stir constantly about 8 minutes or until sugar is golden.
- Pour hot caramel sauce into ovenproof pie plate or 8 inch round baking pan.
- Let it cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Stir eggs in a bowl.
- Slowly add condensed milk, then evaporated milk.
- Add vanilla, blending well.
- Pour flan mixture over ovenproof dish coated with caramel.
- Carefully place filled dish into a baking pan.
- Bake about 40 minutes.
- Flan is cooked when a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven.
- Carefully separate flan from dish with a thin knife and let cool.
- Invert on a flat dish and garnish with sliced strawberries, maraschino cherry or other fruit.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.