- 2 cup raw quinoa
- 2 qt + ½ cup water
- ⅓ cup lime juice
- 2 aji chiles, fresh, stems and seeds removed chop fine
- ⅔ cup olive oil
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded cut into ½" cubes
- 1 large tomato, seeds removed, cubed
- 8 green onions, white only thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup Italian parsley,fresh, mince
- ⅓ cup mint, fresh minced
- salt and black pepper
- 2 heads of bibb lettuce,shred
- 3 eggs,hard boiled,slice thin
- 2 fresh ears of corn, cooked and cut into 2" rounds
- 1 cup black olives, thickly sliced
- Rinse the quinoa under cold running water until the water runs clear.
- Combine the quinoa with the water, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes, or until all the grains are translucent.
- Drain, transfer the quinoa to a bowl and chill.
- Whisk together the lime juice, the chiles, and the olive oil and set aside.
- Combine the quinoa, cucumbers, tomato, green onions, parsley, and mint and mix gently.
- Pour the lime juice mixture over the top and toss again.
- Add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.