Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 can of evaporated milk
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 8 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup water
Directions[edit | edit source]
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Mix condensed milk, evaporated milk, ½ cup of sugar, vanilla, and eggs and set aside.
- In a saucepan dissolve the remaining cup sugar in water over a low heat until it becomes syrupy and tan in color.
- Pour the caramel in a glass baking dish and pour the milk mixture on top.
- Take a slightly larger glass dish and fill halfway with water.
- Place the dish with the milk mixture inside the larger dish and cover with foil.
- Place in prepared over; cook at 325 degrees until custard is completely cooked (30–45 minutes).
- Cool and chill.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.