- 3 cups milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup cream of wheat
- ½ cup sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Beat egg whites until foamy.
- Add 2 tbsp sugar and continue beating.
- Heat milk and salt to a full boil stirring.
- Beat sugar and egg yolks and very slowly add to hot mixture.
- Continue cooking on low heat for 3 minutes longer.
- Fold hot mixture into meringue and add vanilla.
- Pour into serving dishes and cool.
- Serve with custard sauce or fruit sauce.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.