- 2¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup coffee beans (freshly roasted)
- ½ vanilla pod
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 2 tbsp very hot water
- 3½ oz chocolate
- 5 large egg yolks
- 3 large eggs
- In a medium saucepan, heat the milk.
- Spread the coffee beans on a baking sheet and warm them in the oven.
- Add the coffee beans and the vanilla pod, cover, and leave to infuse for 30 minutes.
- Combine the sugar and the cold water.
- Increase the heat to high and cook.
- Add the hot water to the pan and return to low heat.
- Set aside.
- In the top of a double boiler set over gently simmering water.
- Combine the chocolate with 2 tablespoons of the infused milk.
- Cover the pan and work it into a smooth paste with a wooden spoon.
- Add the chocolate mixture and the caramel syrup.
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Whisk together the egg yolks and whole eggs.
- Pour in the milk-chocolate mixture, gently whisking all the time.
- Pour the mixture into 8 ramekins.
- Fill the roasting pan with boiling water.
- Place in the oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.