- 1½ cups unsalted butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cans sweetened condensed milk
- Cream butter with confectioners' and granulated sugar until fluffy.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Wrap and chill 30 minutes.
- Roll dough out to ¼" thickness, cut in circles and place on parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 12–14 minutes.
- Cool cookie sheets between batches.
- Spread some caramel on one cookie and top with another cookie.
- Dust tops with confectioners' sugar.
- The cookies can be filled with the rewarmed caramel as needed.
- Pour both cans of condensed milk in the top of a boiler and simmer on low heat 2–3 hours.
- Cool well and it will thicken further.
- Refrigerate until needed.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.