- 4 lb chicken
- ¼ cup oil, half oil half olive
- ¼ lb ground walnuts
- 2 tsp garlic, ground
- 2 chili or dedo de moca, sliced
- 4 bread slices
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 4 oz Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 yellow potatoes
- 3 hard boiled eggs, optional
- boiled rice, enough for 8 servings
- 4 cup chicken broth, cooled
- 1 tbsp saffron (Nacional), or 1 teaspoon
- saffron threads
- Boil chicken in broth.
- Bone and break into bite size pieces.
- In a saucepan, heat oil and fry onion, garlic, and chili peppers and saffron.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Fry until golden.
- Add bread, soaked in 2 cups chicken broth.
- Put it all in blender or food processor with the broth.
- Add chopped nuts, grated cheese, and chicken.
- Cook until it looks like a thick cream.
- Stir in evaporated milk and cook another 5 to 10 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.